SENSORY FRIENDLY SCREENINGS
Lights up, volume down and comfort all around!
Sensory Friendly Screening is a unique cinema experience that’s designed to create an inclusive, safe, and comfortable environment for children with sensory needs, and their families.
These screenings include the following adjustments:
- Increased auditorium lighting
- Lower volume
- Smaller crowd
The experience will be available only on Saturdays from 12PM in KIDS across Mall of the Emirates, Yas Mall, City Centre Sharjah, City Centre Fujairah, Al Jimi Mall and City Centre Ajman.
Q. What are Sensory Friendly Screenings? How are Sensory Friendly Screenings different from regular screenings?
- VOX Cinemas in partnership with Dubai Autism Center has introduced Sensory Friendly Screenings which feature certain adjustments to make the cinema more inclusive and accessible for children with sensory sensitivities. While the typical cinema environment can be stressful for guests with sensory sensitivities, the Sensory Friendly Screenings provide a safe and comfortable environment including keeping the house lights on (dimmed) throughout the film, lowering the audio volume, removing the advertisements and trailers before the film and a reduced number of guests in the auditorium. Families will also be allowed to bring their own food if they have any special dietary needs.
Q. Who are the Sensory Friendly Screenings suitable for?
- The Sensory Friendly Screenings are suitable for children with sensory sensitivities and allow them to enjoy quality family time while watching a movie in a safe and comfortable environment.
Q. How much are tickets?
- Tickets for the Sensory-Friendly Screenings are the same price as tickets for KIDS screenings. Children aged three years of age and below can enter for free.
Q. Which cinemas are Sensory Friendly Screenings available at?
- Sensory-Friendly Screenings will be show at VOX Cinemas across the United Arab Emirates including Mall of the Emirates, Yas Mall, City Centre Sharjah, City Centre Fujairah, Al Jimi Mall and City Centre Ajman.
Q. How often will you be showing Sensory Friendly Screenings?
- VOX Cinemas will be hosting Sensory Friendly Screenings on a weekly basis from Saturday, 16 January. The screenings will take place on Saturdays at 12noon in the KIDS auditorium.
Q. How do I purchase a ticket for Sensory Friendly Screenings?
- Tickets for Sensory Friendly Screenings can be booked on the VOX Cinemas website, app or at the ticket counter at any VOX Cinemas.
Q. What movies will be shown at the Sensory Friendly Screenings?
- Guests can enjoy a wide range of family-friendly films and animated movies at the Sensory Friendly Screenings. VOX Cinemas will not be showing any content with aggression or violence. To view the schedule of movies and make a booking, click here.