What exactly is the VOX Cinemas Drive-In? How does it work?
- The VOX Cinemas Drive-In is a unique moviegoing experience for VOX Cinemas that allows guests to enjoy the magic of the movies from the safety and comfort of their own cars. The concept is brought to audiences by Majid Al Futtaim’s cinema arm, VOX Cinemas, Majid Al Futtaim’s Shopping Malls Business Unit, and Majid Al Futtaim’s loyalty programme, SHARE.
When does the VOX Cinemas Drive-In reopen?
- VOX Cinemas Drive-In reopened to the public on Wednesday, 28 October. Bookings are now open on the website and the app.
How much do tickets cost?
- The ticket price is valid per car (maximum of two people) and costs AED170. It includes two tickets and an F&B package for two people which consists of three flavoured popcorns, one supreme nachos, two soft drinks, two bottles of water and one large pack of M&M’s.
Where is the VOX Cinemas Drive-In located?
- VOX Cinemas Drive-In is located on the rooftop parking of Mall of the Emirates (rooftop parking level 3). The movie screen is directly under the Ski Dubai slope.
Are there age restrictions in place?
- Guests of all ages are permitted at VOX Cinemas Drive-In.
What is the totally capacity of cars that can be accommodated?
- While physical distancing directives remain in place, there is capacity for 64 cars with a maximum of two people per vehicle for the optimal viewing experience.
Is there a restriction to how many people are in each car?
- Two customers are permitted per car to ensure an optimal viewing experience. The F&B package will also cater for two people.
How big is the drive-in cinema screen? Will viewers be able to see properly from their cars?
- The big screen is 19.5m x 8.4m and is raised 4m above the ground to ensure that all guests have a clear view of the movie. To ensure unobstructed viewing, SUVs will be directed to the back rows and small cars and sedans will reserve the front rows.
How will viewers be able to hear the movie?
- Once parked, motorists will be instructed to tune into a dedicated radio station frequency to receive the movie audio straight into their vehicles.
What hours will the VOX Cinemas Drive-In be operational?
- There will be multiple movie screenings each evening, starting from 6.30pm until 2am. Guests are advised to arrive 30 minutes prior to their showtime.
What movies will you be screening at the VOX Cinemas Drive-In?
- We will be screening a wide range of popular recent releases. The schedule will be updated every Monday and can be viewed here.
Where and how does one buy tickets for the drive-in cinema?
- Bookings are now open on the website and the app. It is the same booking process as buying a regular VOX movie ticket and a generous F&B package for two people is included in the ticket price, which consists of three flavoured popcorns, nachos supreme, a large pack of M&Ms, two soft drinks and two bottles of water.
Will each vehicle be allocated a pre-assigned parking spot?
- Each vehicle will be assigned an allocated spot. Upon arrival, a Majid Al Futtaim staff usher will scan the QR code provided to customers when they book and place a coloured sticker on the windshield of the car indicating a row and slot number. Traffic controllers will then guide each vehicle to its designated spot based on the colour of the sticker. To ensure unobstructed viewing, SUVs and large vehicles will be assigned a back row spot and smaller cars and sedans will have front row spots reserved.
Will the usual VOX F&B offering be available for drive-in customers?
- The ticket price includes a generous F&B package for two people which consists of three flavoured popcorns, nachos supreme, a large pack of M&Ms, two soft drinks and two bottles of water.
What other rules will be in place to ensure an uninterrupted, quality movie-going experience?
- We’ve put specific measures in place to ensure guests can enjoy an immersive cinema experience. Guests are requested to turn off their headlights during the movie and to refrain from honking or flashing headlights, as a courtesy to fellow moviegoers. To minimise movement during the screening, guests are required to remain inside their cars for the duration of the movie with the exception of using the restrooms.
Will visitors of the drive-in cinema be able to access the mall restroom facilities?
- Guest will be able to use the restrooms in Mall of the Emirates. A golf cart will be available to transport guests from their cars to the mall entrance. To maintain physical distancing, restrooms will operate at reduced capacity and there is instructional signage to guide guests on best physical distancing practices. The restrooms are also frequently sanitised throughout the day in line with our stringent health and safety measures.